Search Pronunciation Portal
(if what you searched for isn't here, I will add it as quickly as I can)
0 out of 5 stars
The pronunciation of any word in English (or any language at all) is not Universal. This is because there are many different dialects of The English Language — both throughout America, and also world-wide. The pronunciations that are presented on GiveMeSomeEnglish!!! are based-upon a combination of both “common usage”, and the most neutral accent used in The International Common Tongue — a.k.a. “American English”.
Accounting – For this word: the “A” turns into a true-schwa; the “cc” combination is pronounced simply like the single hard letter “c” (this is one of TWO standard pronunciations of this letter combination in The Common Tongue); then, the “‘ou” combination is pronounced like the “ow” combination; and the “-ing” suffix is pronounced like in the word “sing” or “ring” (this is the standard pronunciation of this suffix in The Common Tongue).
– /ə-KOWN-ting/ – /ə.ˈkɑun.tɪŋ/ – Notice also that the stress is on the second syllable –
See Also: Account, Accountability, Accountant, & Accounts
Spread The Love!!!
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)